- July 15, 2020
- Posted by: BlueAzurite
- Category: Non classé
The Mauritius Africa Fintech hub (MAFH) is a network of experts in the fintech industry that work together to help this particular sector progress. Financial-technology is booming and it helps several businesses expand their offerings and benefit from the latest technology. The (MAFH) offers its members several opportunities and avenues for growth.
Why should entrepreneurs be interested in fintech?
Considering developments that are taking place and new techs that are being implemented, the current era is perfect to join the fintech sector. Whether you are an expert wishing to look into a new venture or a tech SME, you will surely benefit from this industry. Why? Because you will have the opportunity to present a wide variety of essential financial solutions to the African unbanked population. These range from digital wallets to internet banking, alternative point of sales, mobile financial products and other life-changing solutions. While a huge number of people do not have access to these facilities, they are becoming increasingly important to consumers in our society.
The benefits of joining MAFH
Investing time and money into the fintech industry can be quite scary to some. Things might seem complicated because they disrupt traditional solutions that have been existing for a long time. That is why it is a good idea to join a network such as the Mauritius Africa Fintech hub. You will be able to enjoy the following benefits:
- You will be able to plug your startup into a network of pan-African, Mauritian governments, corporates, FSPs, investors, fintech businesses and tech experts.
- You will receive help to deal with the various regulations, such as regulatory sandbox licences and business registration, in place.
- You will have access to resources and knowledge from other tech businesses that form part of the ecosystem.
- You will be able to become acquainted and communicate with potential investors and other funding sources.
- You will have the opportunity to attend roundtable events with regulatory bodies.
- You will benefit from Mauritian investor agreements that have been established. These can act as buffers for businesses looking to enter new growing African markets.
- You will benefit from free workshops with regulators, government representatives and other legislative decision-makers.
- You will be able to take part into innovation labs run by corporates of MAFH itself and
- You will have free office space in the MAFH building even if you do not live in Mauritius.
Why do entrepreneurs choose to work in Mauritius?
Setting up a business in Mauritius offers SMEs several advantages. It is the ideal location because of its strong reputation or safety. The island has several Investment Promotion and Protection Agreements (IPPAs) in place with a number of African states. Moreover, it has an International Financial Centre, which guarantees its reputation for safety. Additionally, The Mauritian business world is very famous for its corporate governance culture as well as its stability. As such, it is the ideal sandbox environment for anyone who is new in this industry.